To ensure the quality and timeliness of our publications, Performance Media requires camera-ready materials. This means that art and copy are ready to be placed directly into a layout via digital files (normally as a PDF X1A) with no alterations necessary, and that they are ready for production. All materials must be submitted to our FTP site, with native files, fonts and links (if necessary). Email pdfs will only be accepted after discussion with Production Director. Call our production team at 847-770-4631. For access to our FTP site, Performance Media Webdrop, please contact your sales rep or our production team.
MEDIA & FILE FORMATS
Preferred Media Format: PDF-X 1/a
PDF documents must be X1a compliant with embedded fonts and CMYK colors. PDF files must contain only 4-color process images (CMYK), no RGB.
Preferred File Format: Native Application Files (MAC ONLY) Adobe CS (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) or Quark Express. All images provided for ads should be final, color corrected, hi-resolution (300dpi) CMYK files. Hi-res images should not be scaled more than 115% to maintain image quality.
PROOFS MAY BE PROVIDED TO PERFORMANCE MEDIA
Black & White Ads: Laser Prints
Color Ads: Press Proofs (such as Kodak Approval, Epson, Fujilith, Iris, Rainbow etc.) are required for color guidance on press.
• Bleed ads must have 1/8? bleed added on all 4 sides beyond the trim size of the ad.
• All live matter should be 1/4? from the trim size on all four sides. Performance Media will not be responsible for any information or live matter placed outside the safety area that is trimmed or cut off.
• Supplied color guidance must meet all SWOP specifications with 5%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 95%, and 100% CMYK control patches.
• Proofs must be provided at 100% size with cropmarks
• Color laser proofs are NOT acceptable for color guidance on press.
Additional Production Charges for the Advertiser may result if the below guidelines are not followed.
• Do NOT send JPEG or GIF files, only PDFs. Do NOT send files in RGB. All spot colors should be converted to CMYK.
• All ads created in an unacceptable format will not be accepted and will need to be resubmitted or recreated.
• All ads submitted should be suitable to print as is. Performance Media is not responsible for any errors in content.
• If files are prepared improperly and mechanical requirements are not met, and a SWOP proof is not provided, Performance Media will not guarantee the reproduction of the ad.